Saturday, February 2, 2008

Twist and shout

Here is the sock yarn all twisted and a pleasure to see and irrestible to me..I have balled some up and must make some socks...seems I have to make socks from every color I dye...pathetic really...just color gluttony....but some is being shipped off in a trade for two ply alpaca, and some I am keeping for myself, and the reest I will sell...it is the washable merino and I love this twist...it is so endearing to me to clearly see the twist in the yarn, must be the basket weaver in me because even though I love other sock yarns seeing this twist has the most appeal...

and here we have some 50/50 silk/merino and some blue face roving drying by the fire...I love how the silk sucks up the dye and even though I only used two colors in the bath so many variants...all the tiny sprinkles that make up the shade get absorbed into the silk....now to dye some cashmere/silk next...think I will micro dye that..I read in someone's blog last week that putting it on low for 5 minutes, then resting and dyeing 2 min on and off, makes for better color, the starting low, so I will try this method and see if it makes a noticeable difference. As the island turns....and snow falls, we dye on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy colors I love them