Sunday, April 13, 2008

turkey tails tell all

Trametes versicolor, but will they give color, that is what I am trying to find out..sure are attractive and plentiful right now. I have chopped some up and they are soaking and then I will cook them up and see what happens..I have just finished a baby surprise jacket pattern by Elizabeth Zimmerman, and have yet to sew it up, but then will have show and tell...it was a treat to make, but only had cashmere silk on hand in balls so made it with that...so no drooling on this sweater, and think it might be for the second coming, as your average child would definitely puke on it and then have to be hand washed...
Have some instant Indigo crystals a year or so old, and have tried to dye with them, maybe they worked but did lose a lot of color in the rinsing..will have to try and save the bath tomorrow, with the Rit dye remover and see if I can get it working better. May try some real indigo instead..but want to do indigo with the mushroom dyeing as they are so complimentary. What I love is that all things natural go so well together. ah Mother Nature....

No comments: