Sunday, November 9, 2008

Dermocybe madness!!

So many dermocybe, but still don't know the difference...do know northern, as this is definitely deep red stipe, gills, the works...but as for the others there seems so many choices ..Today I picked sanguinea, semi sanguine (I think) and other sanguinea....some are yellow stipes with red gills, some are bright yellow gills and stalks with beige cap, some are curled at the edge of the cap, with yellow gills and beige stalk...I am so confused...will I ever learn the different types, doubtful, but I love the colors, and I am dyeing with them and drying them...here are some of the coral tones I got with the semi sanguinea, and my somewhat alkaline well water. The dermocybes are big and abundant right now here... I got that pile in a few hours of hiking in the woods...of course abundance is relative, but I was thrilled. And I have been trying to separate the kinds, hugely frustrating, and drying them in the dehydrator and they dry quite quickly.
Did some cashmere today in hypomyces lactifluorum, (lobster) and it turned out very nice. Will show soon as it dries. All in all a gillfull day. lol




Here are the three types I found today. Could be six types you never know, but they are the right types I am sure of that. All will give me wonderful colors.

6 comments:

Leena said...

I am so envious of your mushrooms, our season is over so fast here (luckily I have dried dermocybe now waiting to be used), really, this year the dermocybe season seemed to last only 3 weeks in September, then it was over..
I think those all are the right type I would just put them in different piles, because yellow gilled ones give different color than the red or orange gilled.. and even older mushrooms give different shade than the young ones that had just popped from the ground.. lucky lucky you:)

Helen said...

Oh gorgeous colour! How I wish I could I dye with mushrooms. New year resolution come up for 2009 I will learn about mushrooms in 2009 season having failed this year!

cedar said...

Helen; I am such a novice but the with the help of lots of people, leena being one, she posts wonderful information, and book, *(I work in a library) I am slowly learning two or three new ones each year..even with latin names...thats about all for me..and Miriam Rices books are wonderful, as well as Rainbow beneath my feet...good resource material...this year I have been drying the dermocybes...so that will give me color in January...very fun to do but harvesting everything food, mushrooms, and getting ready for xmas market is always a bit of a rush...

Helen said...

I have tagged you -see my blog for more detail bw Helen

Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I assume polite post. Especially the title attracted me to study the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.