Thursday, September 9, 2010

Treasure Hunting



We have been having a treasure hunt in the woods, and found treasures...the first of the season, so beautiful and bug free and tasty..have some dehydrating now and will powder them, plus had a huge pan full for dinner last night. So fun, there we are on an ordinary quiet forest walk, not seeing any shrooms at all then voila...and there are many of them, just tucked in the moss by old downed trees, and so clean of insects and so plumb, it was a treat....

Aside from harvesting Chanterelles, no dyers mushrooms to be found. I remember once going up the mountain for dyers shrooms, and seeing a patch of Chanterelles, and I was so focused on finding the sanguineas I passed on the Chanterelles and was about ten steps away, when it dawned on me and back I went....lol

Am madly, happily felting and learning new tricks, and loving playing with the fibres and silks, and materials...I will take some photos, but seem to be selling them faster than I can photograph them...so I will be making more variation on the theme, either Nudibranch neckpieces, or Kelp, not sure of the name as people have
seen them as both...but am researching nudibranchs, should have used that as the title to this post, I am sure some weirdos would visit...lol...remembering when
I had my biggest blog hit when I referred to the phaeolus schwinitzii as Butt Rot in my title of the blog....lol

so work days for the next two and then for some more felting.

No comments: