Wednesday, October 10, 2007

More mushroom dyes


This is the latest mushroom dyeing although I realize I didn't have enough of the mushrooms to get the purple color, but did get a lovely taupe which I do love, so not a bad failure. I will have to gather more next time. It was called Strawberry and Cream, and is a small toothed fungus which bleeds red, but apparently is to dye purple. I don't really have the scoop on this yet, and couldn't find any data on this particular mushroom except that it is a dye mushroom, so I used the alum and cream of tartar hoping for the best...and like I said not bad, of course, it is pure silk boucle so it is hard to wreck that fibre, you could drag it through manure and it would probably look lovely still.....so I will try and collect more... am working on a sweater, larger size, Tulip and just finished a Rocketry....here's that photo...by Dreams in Color, same designer as the Tulip and same award winning feature for me, no seaming.....

No comments: