Sunday, December 2, 2007

more shrooms

Colors of the day, bfl roving today, with northern red dye, and sulfur tufts...the last tufts of the year. Next fall I will collect early and freeeze them for use later, or dry them I have to research which way is best. The colors are brighter as I think the roving as opposed to the spun silk/wool, takes the dye more as the fibres are open so the dye seems brighter, used alum cream of tartar and a glug of vinegar in these baths, and this was the second bath of the apricot color. I am milking it for all its worth. Snow on the ground outside but it is melting. My kind of snow, beautiful then gone...yes!!!!!!!! that is why I live on the west coast, I definitely am into grey and rain more than snow..snow in my mind, means work...frozen pipes, frozen truck, frozen me...but luckily dh is home still and keeping us very warm and toasty...
Found a great site the other day...www.techknitting.blogspot.com where there is so much fabulous information...she is a brilliant, sharing knitter, and is answering all of my unanswered novice questions...I love this woman, and great diagrams and pics to go along..she is a definite must for my knitting, between her and my friend a www.woollalah.blogspot.com I am knitting my way through the world...now back to spinning this roving...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the referrence, I too am learning from techknitting, it is brilliant and very well explained site. Gorgeous hues on pic.

Optimus Prime said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Shrooms Canada

Haris said...

This is a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it Buy mushroom online

abaan sheikh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
silent.john said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Mushroom Grow kit

Unknown said...

Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. Golden Teacher Mushrooms