Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Promising

So here are a few of the promised pics...like this hand painted sock yarn, such a lovely twist and I love the colors, and in the background some spun bfl tops which I also hand painted...so quick and you can change the colors so quickly compared to vat dyeing..the ever so soft fluff is alpaca, a cria fleece which was very clean of vm but had some little bits which when I spun it white were disturbing so colored that and then carded a bit this morning on an electric carder...didn't actually feed it in as one normally does, but read somewhere a trick of laying bits on the large roller while brushing with a hand carder at the same time, and it seemed to work well...but someone kick me next time I think of buying a fleece, lots of work, and I am spoilt in my old age...so now I will spin the alpaca, which when I spun the single from the uncarded came out disappointedly limp...so tight twist and then plied...this is the next plan...
Next photo is the Tomten that I just finished although I haven't blocked it yet, or put the buttons on, there are three buttons and did an ez trick of just gapping the i=cord where it attaches to the sweater...love Elizabeth Zimmerman! so will see how it blocks up, it was fun to know..and the final pic is the bird in hand, and am closing in on the first mitten, will I ever do the second one, I almost stopped and called it a cuff, but perseverence furthers, so I am persevering on.....thats all folks, now for some more hand painting.....silk/cashmere perhaps...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how your blog ended up on my screen (an apparent sharp left turn from Rabbitch) -- but that is absolutely the most stunning yarn I've ever seen!

Mea said...

Hi, I got here from The Harlot's site. BEEEEEuTiful!!!! I also like the new mittens. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try them.