Sunday, June 22, 2008

its my birthday I can dye if I wanna, dye if I wanna


Well started the day with a weld bath, for the wool that is, and then dipped in iron and cream of tartar...and got this....it is definitely sagey in real life, but missed the greens in the photo...

Then on to visits and bagels, and yes, more dyeing mordanting and smelling the flowers...
Now sweet man is making dinner and I am soaking some onion skins, a birthday present from a like minded soul... and then to spin some tussah silk that I exhaust bath dyed in cochineal...I skeined up several colors and got them ready for market..
all in all I am having a wonderful "to dye for:" day...
next I am going to experiment with osage and logwood grey, trying for more green shades...and then some cochineal and logwood grey to get some purples....sounds like I know what I'm doing doesn't it...
am keeping samples and labeling the different types of wool, mordants, and dyebaths, so I have something to refer back to..now halfway through my dye journal, and want another format...saw one the other day from a dynamite natural dyer who had hers in a binder, in the plastic covered sheets, and had the plant, different fibres it dyes, mordants, and was very exact...and think I want to aspire to this format...although exact wouldn't really be me...I can get more factual about the work in this format...
so on to another year, renewal...positive energy....and first day of summer to boot, what more can a girl ask for...oh, praline ice cream, right, its on its way....


logwood grey, matter exhaust bath, cochineal, and matter lst bath

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my gosh girl!!! I want some of that. Frenchette.