Monday, August 13, 2007

ravelry ta da...I'm in

Yes, finally in to ravelry and now to figure out how to make the most of it...I can already see that it will suck up some knitting time just perusing all the goodies that are there, not to mention getting some of my goodies into it but it looks like a good winterly thing. Marketing still and selling wool, and scribble lace kits, and baby sweaters and people are definitly thinking winter knitting here in the northwest, and of course, the weather is helping this cause as it has been shitty weather here for the past weeks or so and the morning dew is thick. I also got my new knit picks metal small needles, as the harlot recommended and they are divine, a little sharp but divine...I am knitting up a storm of socks, and now don;t have to worry about bending the bamboo, which I am apt to do and get a wow in the needle, the metal are definitely heavier but very secure feeling to me, I have poked myself rather severely on the left index finger so am working around that so I don't jam the sharp needle into it, a small drawback to having such fine needles in a little case, all very organized compared to all my other needles, definitely need a needle case just looking for the right one. I have several ufo`s on the go, a cashmere silk old shale scarf, a baby sweater, some jaywalker socks, all in lovely clear plastic zip bags, also from knit picks, which I thought were a great idea for kits, and now have about 10 beside my knitting chair full of work to be done, which I can clearly see, unfortunately, but maybe this will encourage me to work at them before starting a new project, which I am keen to do...so a pictureless post, but I will take more photos for the next time...

No comments: